Refinery89 is a Dutch digital agency and ad tech provider operating a large publisher trading desk with offices in Amsterdam and Madrid. We add value between digital publishers and advertisers. The backbone of our success is our award winning header bidding technology. As a team we strive for perfection through innovation, speed and exceptional service in all our activities.
Madrid or Amsterdam
Full-time / Freelance / Internship
Hours per week:
25 – 40
Entry level / Mid-Senior level
What are we looking for?
The ad-tech software engineer will be responsible for managing and executing our technology roadmap. You will continue to develop and optimize our header bidding technology and supporting systems. The ideal candidate has proven experience with the development of and integration with, advertising technology and a curiosity about digital advertising.
To continue our exponential growth, the tasks of the Software Engineer will vary but generally include:
- Developing new technologies and add-ons to support our ad-technology
- Optimizing and improving our header bidding technology and related systems
- Improve our publisher dashboard integrations and offering
- Managing and developing API integrations with various external partners
- Implementing features and components in response to client feedback
- Work on the development roadmap
- Technical publisher support
- Bug fixing
- A/B testing
- Process automation
- Collaborate with the team to develop amazing services from design to production
- Make sure the software is in good hands by writing, running and automating tests
- Stay up-to-date on new technologies and architectures and eventually look for ways to implement them into our current software engineering process
We are looking for an energetic and pro-active person with relevant experience that is readily available in Madrid or Amsterdam or willing to relocate. You can work independently, do not mind to be flexible in working hours and are analytical. The team language is English so a high level is desirable.
Our goal is to create a small team of exceptional people with positive mindsets and a natural drive to bring the best service to our clients and partners, while going all out to maintain the company’s exponential growth.
What do we offer?
If you’re looking to make an impact, R89 is the right place. We offer an exceptional and flexible work environment. Being a startup with exponential growth nearing scale-up phase, those willing to go the extra mile will be able to boost both their personal and professional lives.
You will work in collaboration with our CTO in Amsterdam and join a team of people who are committed to helping each other grow.
- Immediate start
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible hours and remote working options
- Hands-on advanced training in digital advertising
- Be part of an experienced team of international professionals
- 1+ years of experience, ideally with advertising systems
- Good programming abilities, testing your development is a second nature to you, and you are very mindful about your application architecture, performance and maintainability and its overall quality
- Basic knowledge and understanding of digital advertising ecosystem and technologies or ability to catch up quickly
- Excellent collaboration and project management skills required
- An appetite for backend development
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail - accurate data gathering, insightful analysis, ability to handle tactical details with detailed execution
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and translate the features of a range of products into business benefits
- High level of English (or Dutch)
- Must have the ability to work autonomously
- Developing integrations for Prebid.org Header Bidding or GAM
- Setting up API integrations for data processing
- Experience with in-app advertising solutions (Pre Bid and Ad Manager SDK’s)
- Experience with video Ad-tech solutions
- Large-scale distributed systems, service oriented architecture
- Experience in caching system (in memory, distributed)
- Knowledge of the JVM (GC, Concurrency...)
- Experience in high performance and/or low latency system
- Messaging middleware (Kafka, RabbitMQ...)
- MySQL and NoSQL datastores
- Good knowledge of digital media metrics
- Experience with CraftCMS
- Experience with Google Data Studio integrations
- Interest in technology and digital advertising
You have the drive to be exceptional and deliver the best results every single day!
Sound like you? Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org including an elaborate motivation and CV. Please include the job title in the subject of your e-mail.