The online ad-industry has been driven by advertisers for years, at Refinery89 we challenge this standard by always working and thinking from a publisher first approach and giving publishers the best possible monetization solutions and service available and combine this with a very healthy level of direct and programmatic campaigns.
We add value between digital publishers and advertisers and currently empower 50+ incredible mid-size websites with a reach over 500M+ page views per month in Spain and are growing rapidly. We operate from our offices in Madrid and Amsterdam and as a team we strive for perfection and profitable results through innovation, speed and exceptional service in all our activities, while we question assumptions, keep learning and make sure we enjoy every day at the office!
Hours per week:
Entry / Mid-level
What are we looking for?
The Sales Representative has little experience (1+ years) but is super eager to make a mark and build a career. You are responsible for the first part of the sales process also know as inside sales: researching, prospecting, and qualifying leads. As you grow into your role and diverse portfolio you will soon start crafting personalized propositions, resolving buyer objections and negotiating terms to… close!
You have been working at another company in short cycle sales (deal sizes 1 to 25k), and are looking to increase your salary, your commissions and grow your sales talent quickly. You love to pick up the phone 20 times a day to make cold calls, and are able to close from cold call to sale within 24 hours, you are a winner!
You will be primarily responsible for generating new business (leads) from media agencies, advertisers and other digital media buyers for our ad-inventory. You have amazing interpersonal skills, are likeable and will spent most of your day (video) calling, sending convincing e-mails, in meetings or engaging prospects on social channels.
To continue our exponential growth, the tasks of the Sales Representative will vary but generally include:
- Prospect and develop and close business with a wide range of agency and advertiser accounts to increase our campaign count
- Building a healthy pipeline and prioritize for highest value opportunities
- Update lead scoring and prospect interaction in PipeDrive CRM to ensure efficient lead management
- Become a trusted contact and develop strong, mutually beneficial relationships with prospects and clients in a large and diverse portfolio build by yourself
- Interact with prospects daily via e-mail and phone; you have no problem with cold calling!
- Up and cross selling like it's easy
- Research accounts, identify key players, generate interest and develop accounts to stimulate opportunity
- Create sales-ready leads on key accounts to close in collaboration with the Sales Director
- Work closely with colleagues to ensure campaign KPI’s are met
- Ensure maximum client satisfaction through excellent service and communication
- Consistently set and meet quarterly and annual revenue targets
- Run demos and give presentations
- Craft or optimize convincing sales decks, rate cards and personalized value propositions
- Be a brand ambassador of Refinery89 in the market
We are looking for an energetic and pro-active person with relevant experience and connections or an amazing can do mentality that is readily available in Amsterdam Area or willing to relocate. You can work independently, do not mind to have flexible working hours, have a deep understanding of prospecting and developing strong relationships, and LOVE selling and making money!
Our goal is to create a team of exceptional people with positive mindsets and a natural drive to bring the best service to our clients and partners, while going all out to maintain the company’s exponential growth.
What we expect from you:
- You absolutely love sales and live to hit each and every goal: You are excited to ring the office bell, spin the wheel of fortune and collect your price and bonus!
- You know how to handle rejection, and can turn conversations around in a positive way
- A can-do mindset and mentality; you never give up and grow stronger from setbacks
- 1+ years of sales experience
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with strong communication, collaboration, negotiation, closing and consultative presentation skills – we are looking for a top performer with a high frequency in sales
- Fluent Spanish (native) in writing and speech
- Commercial mindset, passion for your product and company and can do mentality
- Organized, passionate , responsible and a strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated, open minded en comfortable with working autonomously
- Desire to work in a changing, fast-paced start up/scale up, you are ambitious!
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and translate the features of a range of products into sales opportunities
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Sales experience in digital media or advertising
- Basic understanding of digital display, video, native and branded content advertising
- Relationships with media agencies or advertisers in the market
- Good knowledge and understanding of digital advertising ecosystem, formats, KPI's
- Experience with or knowledge of programmatic advertising
- Experience at a publisher trading desk, sales house or digital ad agency
- Experience with digital marketing and advertising systems like Google DFP or AppNexus
What can you expect from us?
If you’re looking to make an impact, R89 is the right place. We offer an exceptional and flexible work environment. Being a startup with exponential growth (100% YoY) nearing scale-up phase, those willing to go the extra mile will be able to boost both their personal and professional lives.
You report directly to the regional sales director and work with the international sales director and ad operations team.
- Immediate start
- Competitive compensation and benefits (holidays, equipment, yearly team weekend)
- Additional commissions an annual bonus structure + hitting goals means spinning the wheel of fortune :)
- Flexible hours and remote working options
- Hands-on advanced training in digital advertising and killer (consultative) sales skills
- Be part of an experienced team of international ad-professionals and at the verge of new ad-tech
- Career growth opportunities; current hires are future execs
- Flexible office with terrace, bbq's, including free coffee and weekly afternoon drinks!
You have the drive to be exceptional and deliver the best results every single day!
Sound like you? Send your application to email@example.com including an elaborate motivation and CV. Please include the job title in the subject of your e-mail.
Note: Working at Refinery89 requires you to be fluent in English verbally.