Refinery89 is a Dutch digital agency and ad tech provider operating a publisher trading desk with offices in Madrid and Amsterdam. As a company we have been operational since 2010 and in 2018 we implemented a re-branding strategy in order to fuel our growth.
We add value between digital publishers and advertisers and currently empower 30+ incredible mid-size websites with a reach over 175M page views per month in the Benelux and are growing rapidly in the digital media landscape. As a team we strive for perfection through innovation, speed and exceptional service in all our activities.
Hours per week:
What are we looking for?
The Sales Representative has little experience but is super eager to make a mark and build a career. You are responsible for the first part of the sales process: researching, prospecting, and qualifying leads. As you grow into your role and diverse portfolio you will soon start crafting personalized propositions, resolving buyer objections and negotiating terms to… close!
You will be primarily responsible for generating new business (leads) from media agencies, advertisers and other digital media buyers for our ad-inventory. You have amazing interpersonal skills, are likeable and will spent most of your day (video) calling, sending convincing e-mails, in meetings or engaging prospects on social channels.
To continue our exponential growth, the tasks of the Sales Representative will vary but generally include:
- Prospect and develop and close business with a wide range of agency and advertiser accounts to increase our campaign count
- Become a trusted contact and develop strong, mutually beneficial relationships with prospects and clients in a large and diverse portfolio build by yourself
- Interact with prospects daily via e-mail and phone; you have no problem with cold calling!
- Research accounts, identify key players, generate interest and develop accounts to stimulate opportunity
- Create sales-ready leads on key accounts to close in collaboration with the International Sales Director
- Work closely with colleagues to ensure campaign KPI’s are met
- Ensure maximum client satisfaction through excellent service and communication
- Consistently set and meet quarterly and annual revenue targets
- Update lead scoring and prospect interaction in CRM to ensure efficient lead management
- Run demos and give presentations (initially together with the International Sales)
- Craft or optimize convincing sales decks, rate cards and personalized value propositions
- Be a brand ambassador and the face of Refinery89 in the market
We are looking for an energetic and pro-active person that is readily available in Madrid. You can work independently, are well-organized, do not mind flexible working hours, have a deep understanding of prospecting and developing strong relationships, and have a love for (digital) advertising. The team language is English so a high level is desirable.
Our goal is to create a small team of exceptional people with positive mindsets and moods and a natural drive to bring the best service to our clients and partners, while going all out to maintain the company’s exponential growth.
What do we offer?
If you’re looking to make an impact, R89 is the right place. We offer an exceptional and flexible work environment. Being a startup with exponential growth nearing scale-up phase, those willing to go the extra mile will be able to boost both their personal and professional lives.
You report directly to the International Sales Director and are in contact with the ad operations team in Madrid as well as our sales partners.
- Immediate start
- Competitive commission based compensation
- Flexible hours and remote working option
- Career growth opportunities
- Personal development opportunities
- Be part of an experienced international team of ad-professionals
- A can-do mindset and mentality; you never give up and grow stronger from setbacks
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with strong communication, collaboration and negotiation skills – we are looking for a top performer ready to make a name for yourself!
- Organized, passionate , responsible and a strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated, comfortable with working autonomously and remote
- Desire to work in a changing, fast-paced start up
- Commercial mindset
- Good knowledge of Excel, Word, Gmail (or Outlook)
- Native Spanish, excellent written/verbal skills
- High level of English in writing and speech
- Bachelor's degree (or still in college) / equivalent experience in business
- 1+ years of prior sales experience, ideally in (digital) media
- Basic understanding of digital display, video, native and branded content advertising
- Relationships with advertisers and/or agencies
- Experience with or knowledge of programmatic advertising
- Experience with digital marketing and advertising systems like Google or Facebook
You have the drive to be exceptional and deliver the best results every single day!
Sound like you? Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org including an elaborate motivation and CV. Please include the job title in the subject of your e-mail.