Refinery89 is a Dutch digital agency and ad tech provider operating a publisher trading desk with offices in Amsterdam and Madrid. As a company we have been operational since 2010 and in 2018 we implemented a rebranding strategy in order to fuel our growth.
We add value between digital publishers and advertisers and currently empower 150+ incredible mid-size websites with a reach over 175M page views per month in the Benelux and are growing rapidly in the digital media landscape. As a team we strive for perfection through innovation, speed and exceptional service in all our activities.
Hours per week:
What are we looking for?
The Sales Manager Benelux will own the end-to-end sales process, from lead generation and prospecting, to product demonstrations, negotiations to the final stage of closing and bringing new clients onboard.
You will be primarily responsible for building pipeline and generating new demand from media agencies, advertisers and other digital media buyers for our ad-inventory. In this role you will lead, represent and optimize our local sales operations and have the option to build a small dream team.
To continue our exponential growth, the tasks of the Sales Manager will vary but generally include:
- Prospect and close business with a wide range of agency and advertiser accounts to increase our client portfolio
- Become a trusted contact and develop strong, mutually beneficial relationships with prospects and clients
- Gain traction and build a sales pipeline to drive our highest value growth opportunities
- Work closely with colleagues to ensure campaign KPI’s are met
- Ensure maximum client satisfaction through excellent service and communication
- Develop and execute strategies and campaigns to drive business in the market
- Consistently set and meet quarterly and annual revenue targets
- Update lead and client interaction in our CRM to ensure efficient account management
- Run demos and give presentations
- Identify, surface, and address potential buying obstacles
- Craft convincing sales decks, rate cards and personalized value propositions
- Work closely with the international sales director to ensure a united vision when corresponding with clients
- Be a brand ambassador and the face of Refinery89 in the market
We are looking for an energetic and pro-active person with relevant (Publisher Trading Desk) experience that is readily available in the Netherlands. You can work independently, are well-organized, do not mind flexible working hours, have a deep understanding of prospecting and developing strong relationships, and have a love for (digital) advertising.
Our goal is to create a small team of exceptional people with positive mindsets and moods and a natural drive to bring the best service to our clients and partners, while going all out to maintain the company’s exponential growth.
What do we offer?
If you’re looking to make an impact, R89 is the right place. We offer an exceptional and flexible work environment. Being a startup with exponential growth nearing scale-up phase, those willing to go the extra mile will be able to boost both their personal and professional lives.
At first you will be the only sales representative in Amsterdam, with a Junior Sales AE joining your team soon. You will be remotely in contact with the team in Madrid and have the flexibility to WFH and the Amsterdam office.
- Immediate start
- Competitive compensation and uncapped commission option
- Flexible hours and remote working option
- Career growth opportunities
- Personal development opportunities
- Be part of an experienced international team of ad-professionals
- 3+ years of prior sales experience, ideally in (digital) media as Sales Manager
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with strong communication, collaboration, negotiation, closing and consultative presentation skills – we are looking for a top performer with a high frequency in sales
- Understanding of digital display, video, native and branded content advertising
- Organized, passionate, ethical, responsible and a strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated, comfortable with working autonomously and remote
- Fluent in Dutch, excellent written/verbal skills
- Desire to work in a changing, fast-paced start up
- HBO/Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Business
- Proven in-depth relationships with advertisers and/or top tier agencies
- Experience with or knowledge of programmatic advertising
- Experience at a publisher trading desk, sales house or digital agency
- Experience with digital marketing and advertising systems like Google DFP or AppNexus
You have the drive to be exceptional and deliver the best results every single day!
Sound like you? Send your application to email@example.com including an elaborate motivation and CV. Please include the job title in the subject of your e-mail.