The online ad-industry has been driven by advertisers for years, at Refinery89 we challenge this standard by always working and thinking from a publisher first approach and giving publishers the best possible monetization solutions and service available and combine this with a very healthy level of direct and programmatic campaigns.
We add value between digital publishers and advertisers and currently empower 250+ incredible mid-size websites with a reach over 1.5B+ ad request per month in Benelux and are growing rapidly. We operate from our offices in Amsterdam and Madrid and as a team we strive for perfection and profitable results through innovation, speed and exceptional service in all our activities, while we question assumptions, keep learning and make sure we enjoy every day at the office!
Amsterdam, A'DAM Tower
Hours per week:
What are we looking for?
The Sales Manager will own the end-to-end sales process, from lead generation and prospecting, to product demonstrations, negotiations to the final stage of closing and bringing new clients onboard.
You will be primarily responsible for building pipeline and generating new demand from media agencies, advertisers and other digital media buyers for our ad-inventory. In this role you will lead, represent and optimize our local sales operations and have the option to build a small dream team.
To continue our exponential growth, the tasks of the Sales Manager will vary but generally include:
- Prospect and close business with a wide range of agency and advertiser accounts to increase our client portfolio
- Building a healthy pipeline and prioritize for highest value opportunities
- Responsible for hitting weekly, quarterly and annual growth goals in volumes and revenue
- Hit daily and weekly prospecting (cold calling), f2f meeting, and campaign goals
- Become a trusted contact and develop strong, mutually beneficial relationships that earn the loyalty of prospects and clients; short and long term
- Work closely with colleagues to ensure campaign KPI’s are met
- Ensure maximum client satisfaction through excellent service and communication
- Develop and execute strategies and campaigns to drive business in the market
- Consistently set and meet quarterly and annual revenue targets
- Update lead and client interaction in our CRM to ensure efficient account management
- Run demos and give presentations
- Identify, surface, and address potential buying obstacles
- Craft convincing sales decks, rate cards and personalized value propositions
- Work closely with the sales director and head of outcome to ensure a united vision when corresponding with clients
- Be a brand ambassador of Refinery89 in the market
We are looking for an energetic and pro-active person with relevant experience and connections or an amazing can do mentality that is readily available in Amsterdam Area or willing to relocate. You can work independently, do not mind to have flexible working hours and have a deep understanding of prospecting, developing strong mutual beneficial relationships and have a love for digital advertising.
Our goal is to create a team of exceptional people with positive mindsets and a natural drive to bring the best service to our clients and partners, while going all out to maintain the company’s exponential growth.
What we expect from you:
- You absolutely love sales and live to hit each and every goal: You are excited to ring the office bell and collect your bonus!
- You know how to handle rejection, and can turn conversations around in a positive way
- 3+ years of (online) advertising sales experience
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with strong communication, collaboration, negotiation, closing and consultative presentation skills – we are looking for a top performer with a high frequency in sales
- Good knowledge and understanding of digital advertising ecosystem, formats, KPI's
- Fluent Dutch (native) in writing and speech
- Commercial mindset, passion for your product and company and can do mentality
- Organized, passionate , responsible and a strong attention to detail
- Must have the ability to work autonomously and you are open minded and ambitious
- Desire to work in a changing, fast-paced start up/scale up
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and translate the features of a range of products into business benefits
- Proven in-depth relationships with advertisers and/or top tier agencies
- Experience with or knowledge of programmatic advertising
- Experience at a publisher trading desk, sales house or digital ad agency
- Experience with digital marketing and advertising systems like Google DFP or AppNexus
What can you expect from us?
If you’re looking to make an impact, R89 is the right place. We offer an exceptional and flexible work environment. Being a startup with exponential growth (100% YoY) nearing scale-up phase, those willing to go the extra mile will be able to boost both their personal and professional lives.
You will be our lead sales representative for Spain, supervising a Junior Sales AE and reporting directly to the International Sales Director.
- Immediate start
- Competitive compensation and benefits (car allowance, holidays, equipment, yearly team weekend)
- Additional commissions an annual bonus structure
- Flexible hours and remote working options
- Hands-on advanced training in digital advertising and sales
- Be part of an experienced team of international ad-professionals and at the verge of new ad-tech
- Career growth opportunities; current hires are future execs
- Flexible office at the A'DAM Tower with the absolute best office views, including free coffee etc.
- Weekly free Friday afternoon drinks for you (& clients) at the A'DAM Tower Rooftop to be sure your targets will never be missed!
You have the drive to be exceptional and deliver the best results every single day!
Sound like you? Send your application (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org including an elaborate motivation and CV. Please include the job title in the subject of your e-mail.