At Refinery89 we help publishers significantly boost the quality, quantity, innovation and distribution of their ad-inventory in the increasingly complex digital ecosystem. Our main objective: increase their net outcome. Besides our deep expertise the backbone of our success is our award winning and header bidding technology which provides our publishers with a competitive advantage. At the same time we deliver our publishers exceptional service with speed and share our passion for online advertising technology, making sure collaborating with us is a pleasure.
The online ad-industry has been driven by advertisers for years, at Refinery89 we challenge this standard by always working and thinking from a publisher first approach and giving publishers the best possible monetization solutions and service available.
We operate from our offices in Madrid and Amsterdam and make sure we always add value between digital publishers and advertisers. As a team we strive for perfection and profitable results through innovation, speed and exceptional service in all our activities, while we question assumptions, keep learning and make sure we enjoy every day at the office!
What are we looking for?
The Business Development Manager will be fully responsible for growing the existing Spanish & LATAM publisher network and secure long-term publisher partners from all verticals and sizes. This will require you to focus on prospecting, acquisition, on-boarding, troubleshooting and customer success of digital publishers in market. The ideal candidate has a curiosity about the media landscape and digital technologies and proven experience with publisher acquisition and management.
To continue our exponential growth, your tasks will vary but generally include:
- Publisher acquisition; from prospecting to closing
- Building a healthy pipeline and prioritize for highest value opportunities
- Responsible for hitting weekly, quarterly and annual growth goals in volumes and revenue
- Leading the publisher acquisition efforts in the market by working closely with (technical, sales en operational) colleagues
- Become a trusted contact and develop strong, mutually beneficial relationships that earn the loyalty of prospects and clients; short and long term
- Hit daily and weekly prospecting (cold calling + e-mail), login, video- and face to face meeting goals
- Maintaining our purposely designed CRM tool; update lead and client interactions
We are looking for an energetic and pro-active person with relevant experience and connections or an amazing can do mentality that is readily available. You can work independently, do not mind to have flexible working hours, have a love for digital advertising and are analytical.
Our goal is to create a team of exceptional people with positive mindsets and a natural drive to bring the best service to our clients and partners, while going all out to maintain the company’s exponential growth.
What we expect from you:
- You absolutely love sales and live to hit each and every goal: You are excited to ring the office bell, spin the wheel of fortune and collect your bonus!
- You know how to handle rejection, and can turn conversations around in a positive way
- 1+ years of online sales experience (cold calling/f2f/email/LinkedIn etc.)
- Good knowledge of digital media metrics and/or web analytics
- Good knowledge and understanding of digital advertising ecosystem, formats, KPI's and technologies such as header bidding (SSP's, Pre-bid, Amazon TAM, Google OB)
- Fluent/native Spanish in writing and speech
- High level of English, you can passively follow conversations from your colleagues and don't miss anything that is discussed at the office
- Commercial mindset, passion for your product and company and can do mentality
- Strong attention to detail
- Must have the ability to work autonomously and you are open minded and ambitious
- Desire to work in a changing, fast-paced start up/scale up
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and translate the features of a range of products into business benefits
- Established network of contacts with digital publishers
- Experience at a publisher sales house, trading desk, ad-tech company or digital agency
What can you expect from us?
If you’re looking to make an impact, R89 is the right place. We offer an exceptional and flexible work environment. Being a startup with exponential growth (100% YoY) nearing scale-up phase, those willing to go the extra mile will be able to boost both their personal and professional lives. You will join a team of people who are committed to helping each other grow.
- Immediate start
- Competitive compensation and benefits (holidays, equipment, yearly team weekend)
- Additional commissions an annual bonus structure + hitting goals means spinning the wheel of fortune :)
- Flexible hours and remote working options
- Hands-on advanced training in digital advertising and sales
- Be part of an experienced team of international professionals
- Career growth opportunities; current hires are future execs
- Flexible office with terrace, bbq's, including free coffee and weekly afternoon drinks!
You have the drive to be exceptional and deliver the best and most profitable results every single day!
Sound like you? Send your application (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org including an elaborate motivation and CV. Please include the job title in the subject of your e-mail.
Note: Working at Refinery89 requires you to be fluent in English verbally.