At Refinery89 we help publishers significantly boost the quality, quantity, innovation and distribution of their ad-inventory in the increasingly complex digital ecosystem. Our main objective: increase their net outcome. Besides our deep expertise the backbone of our success is our award winning and header bidding technology which provides our publishers with a competitive advantage. At the same time we deliver our publishers exceptional service with speed and share our passion for online advertising technology, making sure collaborating with us is a pleasure.
The online ad-industry has been driven by advertisers for years, at Refinery89 we challenge this standard by always working and thinking from a publisher first approach and giving publishers the best possible monetization solutions and service available.
We operate from our offices in Madrid and Amsterdam and make sure we always add value between digital publishers and advertisers. As a team we strive for perfection and profitable results through innovation, speed and exceptional service in all our activities, while we question assumptions, keep learning and make sure we enjoy every day at the office!
Hours per week:
Entry level / Medior Level
What are we looking for?
The ad ops Specialist will be responsible for all aspects of digital advertising campaign management sold across the Refinery89 portfolio of sites as well as publishers, programmatic and SSP yield optimization. The ideal candidate has proven experience with ad trafficking and reporting, and a curiosity about the media landscape and digital advertising technologies.
To continue our exponential growth, your tasks will vary but generally include:
- Campaign management
- Continuously monitor, optimize and report on ad-performance across platforms
- Optimization and arrangement of header bidding and other third party vendor technologies
- Proactively initiating new campaign set ups, ideas and solutions to optimize our business and reach (campaign) KPI’s
- Always prioritize for highest value opportunities; profitable results
- Create inventory and revenue forecasts
- Maintaining (operational) contact with commercial partners
- Support the sales teams
- Publisher analysis, optimization and cross selling
- Publisher on-boarding
- Maintaining CRM tools
We are looking for an energetic and pro-active person with relevant experience and connections or an amazing can do mentality that is readily available in Madrid or willing to relocate. You can work independently, do not mind to have flexible working hours, have a love for digital advertising and are analytical.
Our goal is to create a team of exceptional people with positive mindsets and a natural drive to bring the best service to our clients and partners, while going all out to maintain the company’s exponential growth.
What we expect from you:
- 1+ years of experience, with good knowledge of digital media metrics and web analytics.
- Good knowledge and understanding of digital advertising ecosystem, formats, KPI's and technologies such as header bidding (SSP's, Pre-bid, Amazon TAM, Google OB)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Good knowledge of Excel
- High level of English, you can passively follow conversations from your colleagues and don't miss anything that is discussed at the office
- Interest in technology and digital advertising
- Commercial mindset, passion for your product and company and can do mentality
- Strong attention to detail - accurate data gathering, insightful analysis, ability to handle tactical details with detailed execution
- Excellent collaboration and project management skills required
- Must have the ability to work autonomously and you are open minded and ambitious
- Desire to work in a changing, fast-paced start up/scale up
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and translate the features of a range of products into business benefits
- Experience with several digital marketing and advertising systems (e.g. GAM, Facebook Ads, Prebid, Twitter, AppNexus, Rubicon, Teads, Viralize or other similar systems)
- Experience with Google Data Studio or Amazon equivalent;
- Experience at a publisher sales house, trading desk, ad-tech company or digital agency.
- Experience in an ad ops (ad operations) role working with a header bidding setup.
What can you expect from us?
If you’re looking to make an impact, R89 is the right place. We offer an exceptional and flexible work environment. Being a startup with exponential growth (100% YoY) nearing scale-up phase, those willing to go the extra mile will be able to boost both their personal and professional lives. You will join a team of people who are committed to helping each other grow.
- Immediate start
- Competitive compensation and benefits (holidays, equipment, yearly team weekend)
- Additional commissions an annual bonus structure
- Flexible hours and remote working options
- Hands-on advanced training in digital advertising
- Be part of an experienced team of international professionals
- Career growth opportunities; current hires are potential future execs.
- Flexible office with terrace, bbq's, including free coffee and weekly afternoon drinks!
You have the drive to be exceptional and deliver the best and most profitable results every single day!
Sound like you? Send your application (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org including an elaborate motivation and CV. Please include the job title in the subject of your e-mail.
Note: Working at Refinery89 requires you to be fluent in English verbally.